Distinguished Research Fellow
Dr. Chengjie Liu received his Ph.D. in mathematics in 2008 from Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Before joining INS, SJTU in Sep. 2017, he worked at City University of Hong Kong (Postdoctoral Fellow, Jan. 2014-Nov. 2015, Jul. 2016-Sep. 2017), and the Chinese University of Hong Kong (Senior Research Associate, Dec. 2015-Jul. 2016).
- Partial differential equations
- Boundary layer theory in fluid mechanics
- Singular perturbation theory
- Cheng-Jie Liu, Feng Xie, Tong Yang. MHD boundary layers theory in Sobolev spaces without monotonicity. I. well-posedness theory. Accepted by Comm. Pure Appl. Math., 2017.
- Cheng-Jie Liu, Tong Yang. Ill-posedness of the Prandtl equations in Sobolev spaces around a shear flow with general decay. J. Math. Pures Appl., (9) 108 (2017), no. 2, 150-162.
- Cheng-Jie Liu, Ya-Guang Wang, Tong Yang. A well-posedness theory for the Prandtl equations in three space variables. Adv. Math., 308 (2017), 1074-1126.
- Cheng-Jie Liu, Ya-Guang Wang, Tong Yang. On the ill-posedness of the Prandtl equations in three space dimensions. Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal., 220 (2016), no. 1, 83-108.
- Cheng-Jie Liu, Ya-Guang Wang. Stability of boundary layers for the non-isentropic compressible circularly symmetric 2D flow. SIAM J. Math. Anal., 46 (2014), no. 1, 256-309.