Weike Wang, Distinguished professor, obtained his B.S. and Ph.D. from the Department of Mathematics, Wuhan University, with one year in University of Rennes I, France, as visiting scholar when pursuing his Ph.D. studies. He became a full professor since 1993 and served as chair of Department of Mathematics and later dean of School of Mathematics and Computer Sciences of Wuhan University from 1997 to 2000. In November 2002, he was appointed as dean of Department of Mathematics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and delegated his duty for the following 8 years. He has long been engaged in partial differential equations research, in 2011 he presided over won the first prize of Natural Science Award of Shanghai. In 2014, as the main participant, he was granted the first prize of Teaching Achievement by the Ministry of Education. The same year, he was also nominated for 2014 Outstanding Award of Baosteel Exemplary Teacher.
During the past years, he used to be executive member of Chinese Mathematical Society and China Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, and took charge of Shanghai Mathematical Society as Vice-Chairman.
Currently, he has served as Vice-Chairman of Shanghai Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics and editor in chief of the international mathematics journal Communications on Pure and Applied Analysis.
Green’s Function and its Application in Nonlinear Evolution Equations Hydro Dynamics Equations in Multi-Physics Coupling Processes
Nonlinear Partial Differential Equation Theory and Applications
- Shi, Renkun; Wang, Weike, Nonlinear Stability of Large Perturbation around the Viscous Shock Wave for the 2D Scalar Viscous Conservation Law，Indiana University Mathematics Journal , Vol. 65 (2016), No. 4，1137-1182.
- Wang, Wenjun; Wang, Weike, Large time behavior for the system of a viscous liquid-gas two-phase flow model in R^3. J. Differential Equations 261 (2016), no. 10, 5561–5589.
- Chen, Jiao; Li, Yachun; Wang, Weike, Global classical solutions to the Cauchy problem of conservation laws with degenerate diffusion. J. Differential Equations 260 (2016), no. 5, 4657–4682.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike; Yu, Shih-Hsien, Green’s functions of wave equations in Rn+ × R+. Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal. 216 (2015), no. 3, 881C903.
- Shi, Renkun; Wang, Weike, Well-posedness for a model derived from an attraction-repulsion chemotaxis system. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 423 (2015), no. 1, 497C520.
- Wang, Weike; Xu, Xin Large time behavior of solution for the full compressible Navier-Stokes-Maxwell system. Commun. Pure Appl. Anal. 14 (2015), no. 6, 2283–2313.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike; Yu, Shih-Hsien, Bifurcation on boundary data for linear broadwell model with conservative boundary condition. J. Hyperbolic Diﬀer. Equ. 11 (2014), no. 3, 603C619.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike, Pointwise decaying rate of large perturbation around viscous shock for scalar viscous conservation law. Sci. China Math. 56 (2013), no. 4, 729C736.
- Wang, Wenjun; Wang, Weike, Blow up and global existence of solutions for a model system of the radiating gas. Nonlinear Anal. 81 (2013), 12C30.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike and Yu, Shih-Hsien, Linear and Nonlinear Wave Propagation over a Viscous Shock Proﬁle, SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, Vol. 44 (2012), No. 4, 2695-2755.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike; Yu, Shih-Hsien , Broadwell Model and Conservative Supersonic Boundary, Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 200 (2011).
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike, Pointwise estimates of solutions for the multi-dimensional scalar conservation laws with relaxation. Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. 30 (2011), no. 4, 1107-1138.
- Wang, Weike, Nonlinear evolution systems and Green’s function. Acta Math. Sci. Ser. B 30 (2010), no. 6, 2051-2063.
- Wu, Zhigang; Wang, Weike, Pointwise estimates of solutions for the Euler-Poisson equations with damping in multi-dimensions. Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. 26 (2010), no. 3, 1101-1117.
- Wang, Weike; Wu, Zhigang, Pointwise estimates of solution for the Navier-Stokes-Poisson equations in multi-dimensions. J. Diﬀerential Equations 248 (2010), no. 7, 1617-1636.
- Liao, Jie; Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong, Lp convergence rates of planar waves for multi-dimensional Euler equations with damping. J. Diﬀerential Equations 247 (2009), no. 1, 303-329.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike, The Broadwell model with a subsonic boundary. Nonlinear Anal. 69 (2008), no. 11, 3849-3865.
- Liu, Yongqin; Wang, Weike, Well-posedness of the IBVP for 2-D Euler equations with damping. J. Diﬀerential Equations 245 (2008), no. 9, 2477-2503.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike; Yu, Shih-Hsien, Pointwise convergence to Knudsen layers of the Boltzmann equation. Comm. Math. Phys. 281 (2008), no. 2,287-347.
- Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong Existence and stability of planar diffusion waves for 2-D Euler equations with damping. J. Differential Equations 242 (2007), no. 1, 40–71.
- Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong; Yang, Xiongfeng Existence of boundary layers to the Boltzmann equation with cutoff soft potentials. J. Math. Phys. 48 (2007), no. 7, 073304, 21 pp.
- Wang, Weike The pointwise estimate of solutions for Navier-Stokes equations in multi-dimensions. Hyperbolic problems: theory, numerics and applications. I, 205–212, Yokohama Publ., Yokohama, 2006,
- Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong; Yang, Xiongfeng Nonlinear stability of boundary layers of the Boltzmann equation for cutoff hard potentials. J. Math. Phys. 47 (2006), no. 8, 083301, 15 pp.
- Wang, Weike; Xu, Chao-Jiang The Cauchy problem for viscous shallow water equations. Rev. Mat. Iberoamericana 21 (2005), no. 1, 1–24.
- Liu, Yongqin; Wang, Weike Global existence of solution to the Camassa-Holm equation. Nonlinear Anal. 60 (2005), no. 5, 945–953.
- Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong， Pointwise estimates and $L_p$ convergence rates to diffusion waves for $p$-system with damping. J. Differential Equations 187 (2003), no. 2, 310–336.
- Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong The pointwise estimates of solutions for Euler equations with damping in multi-dimensions. J. Differential Equations 173 (2001), no. 2, 410–450.
- Nishihara, Kenji; Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong $L_p$-convergence rate to nonlinear diffusion waves for $p$-system with damping. J. Differential Equations 161 (2000), no. 1, 191–218.
- Liu, Tai-Ping; Wang, Weike， The pointwise estimates of diffusion wave for the Navier-Stokes systems in odd multi-dimensions. Comm. Math. Phys. 196 (1998), no. 1, 145–173.
- Wang, Weike， Interaction of three progressing waves with different singularities for semilinear wave equations. Nonlinear evolutionary partial differential equations (Beijing, 1993), 571–575, AMS/IP Stud. Adv. Math., 3, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1997.
- Wang, Weike， Interaction of shock and conormal singularities for conservation laws. Comm. Partial Differential Equations 19 (1994), no. 7-8, 1037–1073.