Deputy Director and Distinguished Professor
Weike Wang, Distinguished Professor. He obtained his B.S. and Ph.D. from the Department of Mathematics, Wuhan University. When pursuing his doctoral degree, he was invited to be a one-year visiting scholar at the University of Rennes I, France. He became a full professor since 1993 and served as chair of Department of Mathematics and later dean of School of Mathematics and Computer Sciences of Wuhan University from 1997 to 2000. In November 2002, he was appointed as chair of Department of Mathematics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and has been fulfilling his duty for the next 7 years. His research interest concentrates on partial differential equations. He did lots of research on linear partial differential equations and micro-local analysis and has focused on the global existence and large time behavior of solutions for multi-dimensional nonlinear development equations (system) for the recent years. In 2011, he won the first prize of Shanghai Natural Science Award. As the main participant, he was granted first prize of the Teaching Achievement Program by the Chinese Ministry of Education. In the same year, he was nominated for the 2014 Outstanding Teacher by the Baosteel Education Foundation. Currently, he is the vice chairman of the Shanghai Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, co-editor-in-chief of the Communications on Pure and Applied Analysis and the deputy editor-in-chief of the Mathematica Applicata.
Green’s Function and its Application in Nonlinear Evolution Equations Hydro Dynamics Equations in Multi-Physics Coupling Processes
Nonlinear Partial Differential Equation Theory and Applications
- Shi, Renkun; Wang, Weike, Nonlinear Stability of Large Perturbation around the Viscous Shock Wave for the 2D Scalar Viscous Conservation Law，Indiana University Mathematics Journal , Vol. 65 (2016), No. 4，1137-1182.
- Wang, Wenjun; Wang, Weike, Large time behavior for the system of a viscous liquid-gas two-phase flow model in R^3. J. Differential Equations 261 (2016), no. 10, 5561–5589.
- Chen, Jiao; Li, Yachun; Wang, Weike, Global classical solutions to the Cauchy problem of conservation laws with degenerate diffusion. J. Differential Equations 260 (2016), no. 5, 4657–4682.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike; Yu, Shih-Hsien, Green’s functions of wave equations in Rn+ × R+. Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal. 216 (2015), no. 3, 881C903.
- Shi, Renkun; Wang, Weike, Well-posedness for a model derived from an attraction-repulsion chemotaxis system. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 423 (2015), no. 1, 497C520.
- Wang, Weike; Xu, Xin Large time behavior of solution for the full compressible Navier-Stokes-Maxwell system. Commun. Pure Appl. Anal. 14 (2015), no. 6, 2283–2313.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike; Yu, Shih-Hsien, Bifurcation on boundary data for linear broadwell model with conservative boundary condition. J. Hyperbolic Diﬀer. Equ. 11 (2014), no. 3, 603C619.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike, Pointwise decaying rate of large perturbation around viscous shock for scalar viscous conservation law. Sci. China Math. 56 (2013), no. 4, 729C736.
- Wang, Wenjun; Wang, Weike, Blow up and global existence of solutions for a model system of the radiating gas. Nonlinear Anal. 81 (2013), 12C30.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike and Yu, Shih-Hsien, Linear and Nonlinear Wave Propagation over a Viscous Shock Proﬁle, SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, Vol. 44 (2012), No. 4, 2695-2755.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike; Yu, Shih-Hsien , Broadwell Model and Conservative Supersonic Boundary, Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 200 (2011).
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike, Pointwise estimates of solutions for the multi-dimensional scalar conservation laws with relaxation. Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. 30 (2011), no. 4, 1107-1138.
- Wang, Weike, Nonlinear evolution systems and Green’s function. Acta Math. Sci. Ser. B 30 (2010), no. 6, 2051-2063.
- Wu, Zhigang; Wang, Weike, Pointwise estimates of solutions for the Euler-Poisson equations with damping in multi-dimensions. Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. 26 (2010), no. 3, 1101-1117.
- Wang, Weike; Wu, Zhigang, Pointwise estimates of solution for the Navier-Stokes-Poisson equations in multi-dimensions. J. Diﬀerential Equations 248 (2010), no. 7, 1617-1636.
- Liao, Jie; Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong, Lp convergence rates of planar waves for multi-dimensional Euler equations with damping. J. Diﬀerential Equations 247 (2009), no. 1, 303-329.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike, The Broadwell model with a subsonic boundary. Nonlinear Anal. 69 (2008), no. 11, 3849-3865.
- Liu, Yongqin; Wang, Weike, Well-posedness of the IBVP for 2-D Euler equations with damping. J. Diﬀerential Equations 245 (2008), no. 9, 2477-2503.
- Deng, Shijin; Wang, Weike; Yu, Shih-Hsien, Pointwise convergence to Knudsen layers of the Boltzmann equation. Comm. Math. Phys. 281 (2008), no. 2,287-347.
- Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong Existence and stability of planar diffusion waves for 2-D Euler equations with damping. J. Differential Equations 242 (2007), no. 1, 40–71.
- Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong; Yang, Xiongfeng Existence of boundary layers to the Boltzmann equation with cutoff soft potentials. J. Math. Phys. 48 (2007), no. 7, 073304, 21 pp.
- Wang, Weike The pointwise estimate of solutions for Navier-Stokes equations in multi-dimensions. Hyperbolic problems: theory, numerics and applications. I, 205–212, Yokohama Publ., Yokohama, 2006,
- Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong; Yang, Xiongfeng Nonlinear stability of boundary layers of the Boltzmann equation for cutoff hard potentials. J. Math. Phys. 47 (2006), no. 8, 083301, 15 pp.
- Wang, Weike; Xu, Chao-Jiang The Cauchy problem for viscous shallow water equations. Rev. Mat. Iberoamericana 21 (2005), no. 1, 1–24.
- Liu, Yongqin; Wang, Weike Global existence of solution to the Camassa-Holm equation. Nonlinear Anal. 60 (2005), no. 5, 945–953.
- Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong， Pointwise estimates and $L_p$ convergence rates to diffusion waves for $p$-system with damping. J. Differential Equations 187 (2003), no. 2, 310–336.
- Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong The pointwise estimates of solutions for Euler equations with damping in multi-dimensions. J. Differential Equations 173 (2001), no. 2, 410–450.
- Nishihara, Kenji; Wang, Weike; Yang, Tong $L_p$-convergence rate to nonlinear diffusion waves for $p$-system with damping. J. Differential Equations 161 (2000), no. 1, 191–218.
- Liu, Tai-Ping; Wang, Weike， The pointwise estimates of diffusion wave for the Navier-Stokes systems in odd multi-dimensions. Comm. Math. Phys. 196 (1998), no. 1, 145–173.
- Wang, Weike， Interaction of three progressing waves with different singularities for semilinear wave equations. Nonlinear evolutionary partial differential equations (Beijing, 1993), 571–575, AMS/IP Stud. Adv. Math., 3, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1997.
- Wang, Weike， Interaction of shock and conormal singularities for conservation laws. Comm. Partial Differential Equations 19 (1994), no. 7-8, 1037–1073.