Dr. Zhiqin Xu received his B.S. degree in Physics (Zhiyuan College) and Ph.D. degree in Mathematics from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2012 and 2016 respectively. Before joining INS, Zhiqin worked as a Postdoc at New York University Abu Dhabi and a visiting member at Courant Institute from 2016 to 2019.
- Deep Learning Theory
- Computational Neuroscience
- Z. Xu, Y. Zhang, and Y. Xiao, Training behavior of deep neural network in frequency domain, arXiv: 1807.01251.
- Z. Xu, Y. Zhang, T. Luo, Y. Xiao, Z. Ma, Frequency Principle: Fourier Analysis Sheds Light on Deep Neural Networks, arXiv: 1901.06523.
- Y. Zhang, Z. Xu, T. Luo, Z. Ma, A type of generalization error induced by initialization in deep neural networks. arXiv: 1905.07777.
- Y. Zhang, Z. Xu, T. Luo, Z. Ma, Explicitizing an Implicit Bias of the Frequency Principle in Two-layer Neural Networks. arXiv: 1905.10264.
- T. Luo, Z. Ma, Z. Xu, Y. Zhang, Theory of the Frequency Principle for General Deep Neural Networks. arXiv:1906.09235.
- Z. Xu, F. Xu, G. Bi, D. Zhou, and D. Cai, A Cautionary Tale of Entropic Criteria in Assessing the Validity of Maximum Entropy Principle, EPL (Europhysics Letters) 126.3 (2019): 38005.
- Z. Xu, J. Crodelle, D. Zhou, and D. Cai, Maximum Entropy Principle Analysis in Network Systems with Short-time Recordings, Physical Review E, DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevE.99.022409, (2019).
- Z. Xu, D. Zhou, and D. Cai, Dynamical and Coupling Structure of Pulse-Coupled Networks in Maximum Entropy Analysis, Entropy 2019..
- Z. Xu, G. Bi, D. Zhou, and D. Cai, A dynamical state underlying the second order maximum entropy principle in neuronal networks, Communications in Mathematical Sciences, 15 (2017), pp. 665–692.