Invited Conference Talks
● “Chaotic or nonchaotic dynamics in neuronal networks?”, Workshop on Nonlinear Sciences and Computational Biology, Soochow University, Soochow, Jiangsu, China, Mar. 2019.
● “Introduction to Computational Neuroscience”, Lecture in Introduction to Biology Courses, Zhiyuan College,
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China, Dec. 2018.
● “Maximum entropy coding principle in neuronal network dynamics”, Colloquium Talk of Introduction to
Modern Mathematics Series, Yau Mathematical Sciences Center and Department of Mathematical Sciences,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, Nov. 2018.
● “Sampling hazards in data inference of spatiotemporal dynamics”, Tianyuan Forum, School of Mathematical
Sciences, Soochow University, Jiangsu, China, July 2018.
● “Development of Computational Neuroscience in China”, Huazhong University of Science and Technology-
Suzhou Institute for Brainsmatics, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China, July 2018.
● “Balanced state in heterogeneous neuronal networks”, Applied Mathematics Seminar, Beijing International
Center for Mathematical Research, Beijing, China, July 2018.
● “Theory, Computation, and Applications about Granger Causality Analysis”, Computational Neuroscience
Summer School at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, July 2018.
● “Chaotic or Nonchaotic Dynamics in Neuronal Networks?”, Young Scholars Academic Forum, Ministry of
Education Key Laboratory of Scientific and Engineering Computing, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai,
China, July 2018.
● “Introduction to Computational Neuroscience”, Lecture in Soft Matters and Biophysics Courses, School of
Physics and Astronomy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China, May 2018.
● “How Neurons Integrate Synaptic Inputs: Computational Modeling, Analysis and Experiments”, Applied
Mathematics Seminar, Center for Mathematical Sciences, Huazhong University of Science and Technology,
Wuhan, Hubei, China, April 2018.
● “Reconstruction of Neuronal Network Connectivity: From Dynamics to Structure”, Mathematics and
Neuroscience Seminar, New York University at Shanghai, Shanghai, China, April 2018.
● “Architectural and Synaptic Mechanisms Underlying Correlated Neural Population Responses in the Primary
Visual Cortex”, Symposium for Chinese Neuroscientists Worldwide 2012, Xi’an, Shaanxi, China, June 2012.
● “Chaotic Dynamics in Pulse-Coupled Stochastic Neuronal Networks”, Workshop on Stochastic Dynamics,
SAMSI, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, Aug. 2009.
● “Characterization Chaotic Dynamics in Neuronal Systems”, Sloan-Swartz Centers for Theoretical
Neurobiology Annual Summer Meeting 2009, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA, July 2009.
● “Research Projects in Computational Neuroscience”, Research Plan by Zhiyuan Innovative Research Center,
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Dec. 2017.
● Computational Neuroscience minisymposium of the 1st Mathematical Life Sciences Conference and Inaugural
Meeting of CSIAM Branch: Mathematical Life Sciences, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China, Dec. 2018.
● 2018 SJTU Computational Neuroscience Winter School, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China,
● Joint Colloquial Series of the Institute of Natural Sciences and Zhiyuan College, Shanghai Jiao Tong
University, Shanghai, China, 2018.09—2019.08.
● Modeling and Algorithm in Mathematical Life Sciences minisymposium of the 16th Annual Conference by
China Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Chengdu, Sichuan, China, Sept. 2018.
● International Conference on Applied Mathematics and Computational Neuroscience in Memory of David Cai,
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China, July 2018.
● Workshop on Development of Computational Neuroscience in China, Shanghai Institute for Advanced Studies,
Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China, May 2018.
Douglas Zhou (周栋焯)