Dr. Liao got his Master degree at the University of Dundee in 2012 and PhD at University of Science and Technology Beijing in 2019. From September 2019, he works as a postdoc in Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- QM/MM and Atomistic/continuum multi-scale coupling methods, Mathematics and simulation for crystalline defects, Adaptive algorithm.
- H. Chen, M. Liao, H. Wang, Y. Wang and L. Zhang, Adaptive qm/mm coupling for crystalline defects, Comput. Method APPL. M., 354:351-368, 2019.
- M. Liao, P. Lin, L. Zhang, “A posteriori error estimate and adaptive mesh refinement algorithm for atomistic/continuum coupling with finite range interactions in two dimensions”, Commun. Compt. Phys., Commun. Comput. Phys., 27 : 198-226, 2020
- M. Liao and P. Lin, A Consistency Study of Coarse-grained Dynamical Chains through A Nonlinear Wave Equation of Mixed Type, Commun. Comput. Phys., doi:10.4208/cicp.OA-2018-0206, 2019.
- H. Wang, M. Liao, P. Lin and L. Zhang, A posteriori error estimation and adaptive algorithm for the atomistic/continuum coupling in two dimensions, SIAM J. Sci. Comput. 40(4):A2087-A2119, 2018